For best results, our grass seeds are packaged as blends. Over the long term, blends produce a more durable lawn: when conditions are detrimental to a particular species of grass, other grasses in the blend can step up to help keep your lawn thick and green.
Shade Grass Seed
- Seed can only be delivered if purchased together with a sack of soil, mulch, or our other products sold in sacks
Shade Grass Seed mix – Great for turf areas in restricted sunlight: 50%-70% reduced sun light. A series of seedings over 2-5 years may be necessary. Mow at a higher cutting level.
We use the following grass species in our Premium Shade Mix:
- 10% Kentucky Bluegrass
- 40% Creeping Red Fescue
- 30% Chewings Fescue
- 20% Perennial Ryegrass
- 5 pounds per 1000 sq. feet
Overseeding Existing Lawn
- 2-3 pounds per 1000 sq. feet
- Great for areas of your lawn with restricted sunlight (with 50%-70% reduced sun light)
- This shade seed also grows in sunny areas!