For best results, our grass seeds are packaged as blends. Over the long term, blends produce a more durable lawn: when conditions are detrimental to a particular species of grass, other grasses in the blend can step up to help keep your lawn thick and green.
Shade Grass Seed
- Seed can only be delivered if purchased together with a sack of soil, mulch, or our other products sold in sacks
Shade Grass Seed mix – Great for turf areas in restricted sunlight: 50%-70% reduced sun light. A series of seedings over 2-5 years may be necessary. Mow at a higher cutting level.
We use the following grass species in our Premium Shade Mix:
- 10% Kentucky Bluegrass
- 40% Creeping Red Fescue
- 30% Chewings Fescue
- 20% Perennial Ryegrass
- 5 pounds per 1000 sq. feet
Overseeding Existing Lawn
- 2-3 pounds per 1000 sq. feet
We deliver even if you are not home!
We are the best in the business, over 50 years of service.
Everything grows greener with Fairgreen, we guarantee it!
Benefits Of Shade Grass Seed
- Great for areas of your lawn with restricted sunlight (with 50%-70% reduced sun light)
- This shade seed also grows in sunny areas!