- We deliver any time of day. You don’t need to be home!
- We are the best in the business, over 50 years of service.
- Everything grows greener with Fairgreen, we guarantee it!
How to apply:
- Prepare your garden or desired area by removing any debris (sticks, leaves, stones, etc)
- Apply a layer of landscape fabric directly over the desired area. Landscape fabric will enhance the effectiveness of the mulch.
- Spread mulch evenly over the desired area. Mulch should be approx. 2 to 4 inches in depth.
Mulch will need to be re-applied seasonally for maximum effectiveness.
Price includes shipping within delivery area.
Each bag is approx. 1 cu. yard. To calculate how many bags you need, use our free Soil Calculator.
For each extra bag save $25. Add to your cart, select quantity and get the discount!
Mulches are extremely beneficial to any garden or planting. It is an easy way to lower your maintenance while also protecting your garden from erosion, pests and drought!
The rich luscious colour of black mulch provides a beautiful backdrop for plants, allowing them to stand out and make an impact. Black mulch can be used in all gardens, or reserved to make an impact in certain areas. The beautiful, bold colour of black mulch allows it to complement mulches of different colours or decorative stones.
Black mulch sold at Fairgreen Sod Farms is purchased locally. Our providers are held to the highest standards of quality. Great care is taken in the colouring process to ensure a vibrant and long lasting color, which is designed not to fade or run into your gardens. This process insures the integrity of your garden will not be compromised.
- Mulch is an attractive addition to your garden that lowers your overall maintenance.
- Black mulch is known as an excellent weed control barrier, while maintaining soil moisture & temperature levels.
- Mulches can reduce nutrient leeching after heavy rainfalls.
- Black mulch also improves the fertility of the root zone by adding organic matter as it decomposes and it keeps that root zone cool and moist even in the high heat of summer.
- Mulch increases the population of earthworms which are beneficial to your gardens health.
- Mulch is an excellent way to keep in ground veggies safe from pests, and keeps edible crops (like pumpkins or fruit bearing plants) safe from soil diseases that may splash on to the plants vulnerable leafs and stems!